6 sheets frozen puff pastry
1kg Beef Mince from your local farmers
1 large carrot
1 garlic clove
1 small capscicum
1 sprig parsley
4 pasture grown eggs
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
salt and pepper to season
Breadcrumbs / crushed rice cookie biscuits
1 pasture grown egg lightly beaten (to make egg wash)
1. Preheat over to 180°C.
2. Lay pastry sheets out to thaw.
3. Place all vegetables in food processor and blitz until finely processed. Add to mince mixture in large mixing bowl.
4. Add tomato paste, BBQ sauce, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix all together thoroughly.
5. Add enough breadcrumbs / crushed rice biscuits to thicken the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
6. Cut pastry sheets in half and put even amounts of mince mixture on each pastry portion in a long log shape. To make rolling easier place the mixture on the edge of the pastry.
8. Roll each pastry sheet tightly to seal in the mince mixture and place on lined backing tray.
9. Cut each log into 4 pieces.
10. Brush with egg wash.
11. Bake for 30min or so until pastry is golden and mix is thoroughly cooked.